With a large number of books, the problem will be sifting through for the books you want and the books you don’t want. If you’re learning Malay and are struggling to find resources, it might help to refer to some of the resources for Bahasa Indonesia and compare the two languages.
- Complete Indonesian Beginner to Intermediate Course. The audio is supposed to be found on the ‘Complete’ series website but I can’t seem to find it. Perhaps you’ll have better luck.
- Indonesian for Beginners: Learning Conversational Indonesian, audio can be found here
- For more advanced Bahasa Indonesian speakers, try Indonesian Slang: Colloquial Indonesian at Work to learn some slang.
- First Indonesian / Malay Reader for Beginners: Bilingual for Speakers of English: 1, also useful for Malay!
- Learn Indonesian with Beginner Stories: Interlinear Indonesian to English: 1